Monday, December 22, 2008

Sunburst Meditation

About twenty years ago, I sort of inadvertently invented what I call my "sunburst meditation".

I loved it because it seemed to fit all my values, yet it was a simple concept I hadn't heard before. Probably inspired by Thaddeus Golas' eminently practical concept in "The lazy mans guide to enlightenment" that "When you learn to love hell you will be in heaven".

Essentially, I would envision a glowing sphere in my minds eye, But unlike like a sun or star it did not only send out its love in the form of glowing energy, but was a kind of energy magnet as well.

Conceptually any energy could be sent its way, and because it was vibrating at such a high level, (loving everything that came to it) by the time any energy got to it, it would automatically be vibrating so high as to be pure love.

I saw this as not only a meditation focus, but also kind of psychic shield, because I could imagine myself in it or as it. People could send me negative vibes and instead being effected by them or even "bouncing off", I could absorb them and elevate that energy, and send it back out in positive ways. Simply stated; I could LOVE them.

When I invented it, I had a deep and satisfying meditation on it. Leaving me in a surprisingly good mood considering the dark time I was going through. The very next day I was with a group of friends who knew nothing about it, (at the time I didn't share things like this) we were in a perfect strangers house.

I was absently leafing through a home decor catalogue on his coffee table when I remarked about a beautiful gold sun shaped convex mirror (they are popular now, but at the time I'd never seen them before) in the catalog, of course it had instantly reminded me of my meditation.

Our host responded a bit disdainfully: "Oh you like that?" obviously he didn't think much of it, but he promptly got up and left the room, returning a moment later with the very same mirror, still in its bubble wrap. "Here" he said, giving me the mirror. "I work for that magazine, and we get returns all the time. I was gonna put it on the side walk, but if you like it..."

The sunburst mediation has been with me ever since. In fact, lately its grown and taken on even more dimensions. Which I will post about soon.

But for now, I'd love to know; Do you have a meditation or focus point that has made an impact on you? I'd love to hear about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment