Sunday, December 14, 2008

Are you seeing eleven's too?



A few months ago, I started noticing that often when I looked at the clock, any clock, it was eleven after the hour.

At first I just brushed it off as some emergent effect of my schedule. But it started happening more and more frequently, and then my schedule changed, then my job changed, I even went on a long vacation. what did I see? eleven, eleven, eleven. WTF?

I told my husband about it. We googled, and it turns out I am not alone. There seem to be several theories around, but no definitive answer. For me they seem to appear randomly, and unrelated to my activity or thoughts, but some people have a different experience.

At this point, I must point one out to Doug at least once a day. I even started taking pictures.

Are you seeing eleven's?

4 comments:

  1. I accidently found your blog and I liked it.Please accept my congrats and best wishes.
    VMS

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGosh I see them all of the time. HELP ME!! What is this? Is there an answer? For months and it happens several times a day. It's been happening to me for years...since 2003

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello and thanks for your comment!

    While I don't have any definitive answers for you, I have learned a thing or two since originally writing this post.

    First of all, I can say that you are NOT ALONE, apparently there are untold thousands of people who share the experience. As well, this isn't brand new, I've heard that the 11 phenomena attained almost cult status in the early nineties, with a number of people claiming to have "The Answer". Most commonly these answers center on "angels" communicating with us.

    While I won't profess to know what your experience means to you, I have combined information from my own meditations and common themes I see in others theories, and come to the following general conclusions that work for me.

    First, is that the 11's are in fact, a message from a larger reality. But I believe it is less about "angels" and rather represents a communication from a larger part of OURSELVES.

    As for the meaning, I believe it to be multi-layered. It's most immediate point seems a sort of a wink from beyond our normal human perceptual framework. In other words, its first message, is that such messages can and do exist.

    Again, both my meditations, and themes in common theories, seem to indicate that there is some part of the message that won't make sense until some specific point in the future.

    It's not clear to me whether this will be revealed in a collective "a ha", about something specific, (for instance: it all becomes clear on 11:11p.m. on November, 11th 2011) or if its going to be more like the messages themselves will start evolving. (We start seeing MORE than just 11's repeatedly)

    Whatever the future holds, I now get a slight smile every time I see it, if nothing else, I now trust that it is at least someone reminding me that their IS something more than our normally perceived reality.

    ReplyDelete